The Bank of Nevis Limited invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill a position of: Operations Manager
The Bank of Nevis Ltd was incorporated on August 29th, 1985 under the laws of the Federation of St. Christopher and Nevis and opened its doors for business to the public on December 9th, 1985. It was created out of a desire to provide banking services to the local community with the hope that this would assist with the development of the island’s economy. The Bank of Nevis Limited offers comprehensive services including a variety of deposit accounts with attractive rates of interest, credit and debit cards and loans.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the management of the Operations Department. This includes the direct supervision of the Bank’s Operations function in keeping with the standards and policies of The Bank of Nevis Limited. The Operations Manager is also responsible and accountable for the effective management of the department with a robust emphasis, strong concentration and focus on pricing and profitability, competitive advantage and service excellence. He/she must have the ability to motivate, inspire, foster teamwork and create an environment in which the team can thrive and grow. This position focuses on protecting the Bank from money laundering and similar financial and non-financial risks by ensuring strict adherence to the AML/CFT principles, and all other policies and procedures that govern the department and with a zero tolerance for non-compliance. Additionally, this role is responsible for the efficient and effective processing of the end-to-end execution of transactions with precision and accuracy. The Operations Manager is the primary interface with customers providing the highest level of financial services and is responsible for fostering employee development. Leading and adhering to the Service Standards is mandatory.
Reports to: General Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Pricing and profitability - implementing the bank's deposit pricing policy in order to maintain targets set for liquidity and profitability;
• Maintaining the bank's competitive position in the market for deposits by marketing the bank's deposit products, ensuring operational efficiency and maintaining high customer service standards;
• Protecting the bank from money laundering and similar financial and non-financial risks by ensuring that each customer is properly known to the bank;
• Efficiency, timeliness, and accuracy in processing and reporting on deposit transactions;
• Ensuring that all aspects of the bank's daily operations are in full compliance with the relevant laws and regulations;
• Training and Development of employees within the department;
• Participating in the development of the bank's corporate strategy;
• Monitor the bank's deposit products and services (including automated teller machines (ATMs) and direct deposit);
• Ensure that the bank's AML/CFT policies and procedures are rigorously followed through the deposit process, with particular emphasis on Know Your Customer (KYC) procedures and Source of Funds declarations;
• Ensure that appropriate controls are implemented to guarantee the integrity and accuracy of all account transactions;
• Ensure that appropriate disclosures on deposit account characteristics, including earnings, fees and ATM usage, are made to consumers at account openings and on request;
• Establish, monitor, and evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls for all account related and operations activities;
• Ensure that the handling of dormant accounts meets legal requirements and technical requirements and satisfy internal control procedures;
• Ensure full adherence to the Service Standards;
• Ensure vigorous management of the Personal Performance Planning process;
• Actively participate on the Asset Liability Committee (ALCO);
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Qualifications - any or a combination of
• Certificate in Banking/Financial Services;
• A diploma in Banking/Financial Services;
• An Undergraduate Degree in Banking/Financial Services;
• An MBA would be an asset;
• No less than 15 years Banking Experience, covering areas of general banking up to supervisory level.
• A Service Excellence Professional
• Leadership Skills, both interpersonal and technical.
• Ability to lead, build, coach and train a team.
• Strong decision making, delegating, time management and analytical skills.
• Human resource management, knowledge of industrial and labour laws, interviewing, business development, communication and emotional intelligence.
• Expert knowledge of the Bank’s operating system, policies and procedures, basic accounting and budgeting, basic knowledge in detecting fraud.
• He/She must have the ability to interact comfortably and confidently at all levels within the organization, with customers, shareholders and other stakeholders.