Engineering Top 5 Jobs
Sr Technician Chemical - Upstream Chemicals
Baker Hughes, a GE company is seeking to recruit a Senior Technician Chemical - Upstream Chemicals – Trinidad.
Interested? Get the details here how to apply.
Under the general direction of production chemist, maintains customer relationships by supplying routine chemical services when required, and working closely with production chemist to achieve customer KPIs.
Upstream Chemicals: Product line provides chemical technology solutions for hydrocarbon production, transportation and processing, and also delivers pipeline integrity services. We are a leader in oil/water separation technology and in solutions to control corrosion, deposition, bacteria and H2S in producing wells and production facilities. We provide chemicals and technical support to enhance plant processes, improve productivity, manage water treatment, and resolve environmental issues.
- Under limited supervision, conducts chemical and physical analyses by running tests required for research development or QC of processes or procedures
- Writes reports to document research conducted. May be assigned to more difficult/complex assignments
- Works independently at times and work within a team to complete projects
- Assists technical support personnel in compiling, analyzing, and interpreting results to internal/external customers
- Communicates results to supervisor in a detailed manner
- Runs standardized tests and recommends product offering
- Handles special projects, as assigned
- Associate degree with 8+ years’ experience
- 3+ years’ experience in oil and gas industry preferred.
- 5+ years oil field experience can replace education qualifications
- Comprehensive knowledge of the application of company products and services to achieve customer requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good negotiating skills and knowledge of BHGE billing process
- Demonstrated understanding of sales process, ability to build strong customer relationships
- Strong field experience as it pertains to the application of production chemistry.
- Knowledge of oil wells and production facilities
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work little or no supervision
- Ability to work in varied environments (office and field)
- Flexibility to work late night or on weekends, as needed
- Strong work ethic is mandatory
- Team player attitude is essential
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Trinidad & Tobago, San Fernando
- Baker Hughes Incorporated
- Part Time
- Associate's Degree
- Minimum of Eight (8) years
- Mid Career
- In relevant field
- Maintenance, Technical & Technician
- Direct Employer